Monday, December 07, 2009

When big things are, well, actually, quite small.

This morning Toby and I went shopping for a printer. On the way I inquired about the shop we were going to. I said, "are we going to the one downtown, on the same street as (another store), you know, the big one?" Toby said the name of the store and I said, "Yes, that one."

Then he said something like, "you mean the "big one" that is 2 very small shops put together?" We both laughed so hard! What we call big here is smaller than a 7-11 in the US!

On the way we stopped at a grocery store. We haven't been in this shop for a while. Now, this store is one of the larger stores in Jos- about the size of a fast food restaurant. Well, we were excited to see that they have expanded and added a 2nd level! Now they have more products (that we don't need)and more roomy aisles! It's so nice to see a larger, well organized store. Now it is about the size of an Ace hardware but feels somewhat like a Super-Walmart because it has groceries, household goods, gifts, party supplies, and even sports equipment! Very exciting!

No comments: