Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Countdown

My friend, Christie, gave me a great idea...a Happy Birthday Jesus birthday cake countdown to Christmas! Each day in December we add a "candle" to the birthday cake. Each candle comes with a verse and then something to do that day, typically a book to read and a craft or game. Caden has really been enjoying the daily activities and is learning a lot about the story of Christmas. Here are some pictures of some of the things we have done:
































I've gotten many ideas off of websites,including www.dltk-kids.com. They have a lot of puzzles, games and templates that we are using. Caden is really enjoying it, Toby likes seeing how excited Caden is and I am having fun being creative.



One day we made playdough for his friends in his class. When he handed them out he was careful to make sure each kid got one, even a sibling of a classmate. I was such a proud mommy.


1 comment:

Christie said...

Oh, too cute!! I think I like your cake better - I might have to redo ours next year!! I'll have to see what ideas you ended up coming with - your play-doh is so cute, and I LOVE your manger! It is SO cute!!