Friday, January 30, 2009

"March"ing on...like the ant

YIKES! It's been a while since I updated this. Well, no one really reads it anyhow, so I guess it doesn't matter much. But, ALOT has gone on since I wrote so I thought I would write again. I resigned my job a week ago...my last day is Feb. 6th (one week from today)! Toby and I are stepping out in faith that God is going to provide the funding we need to live in Nigeria for 13 months to 2 years...so we move there on March 23rd!!! We are very excited- and a bit nervous. So much to do in the next 7 week.

I was just reading a friends blog and she mentioned Proverbs 6:6...about the ant. I looked it up and found the version from the Message (for any DTS readers...I can just imagine Prof. Hendricks rading this aloud):

A Lesson from the Ant
Prov. 6: 6-11 You lazy fool, look at an ant. Watch it closely; let it teach you a thing or two.Nobody has to tell it what to do. All summer it stores up food; at harvest it stockpiles provisions.So how long are you going to laze around doing nothing? How long before you get out of bed?A nap here, a nap there, a day off here, a day off there, sit back, take it easy—do you know what comes next?Just this: You can look forward to a dirt-poor life, poverty your permanent houseguest!

YIKES! I am so lazy...I need to work on that. There won't be too much time for laziness in the next few weeks but I better guard against it and make plans for each day so that we can weed through our stuff, get packed and get prepared to move!

1 comment:

Becka said...

I read!