
Caden is certainly getting older. He is now almost 20 months old and is officially a climber. He climbs on anything (except trees, he’s not quite ready for that yet). The other day he climbed onto a chair that was near the counter and pulled everything off the counter. We now keep chairs far from counters! He often climbs up on a chair with a couple of cars to run the cars back and forth across the top of the chair. He also will climb up mommy or daddy…I call him my little cat.
Although Caden is still only saying a few words he is communicating much better. He nods to answer a question with “yes” or shakes his head for “no”. He points to things more often. Yesterday he wanted me to get a ball that he had lost behind the sofa. So he pointed to a ball that was in a book said the word ball and then pointed to the sofa. Now to get him actually speaking more would be wonderful!
He is also becoming more of a mommy’s boy- which I had heard would happen as he matures. It’s just hard to explain to Nigerians who want to hold him when he cries and reaches for me. We usually say that he is tired and needs a nap. It is hard for me because he wants me to hold him so much. The other day he stood outside the bathroom and cried the entire time I was showering. That was hard to listen to. I’m sure it is a combination of getting older and of being in a new country. I love my little guy and especially enjoy our cuddle times, which seem to be more often now.

1 comment:
Awww, I MISS YOU CADEN!! :) Gosh he looks so big, especially in his Nigerian outfit. I love the pics and am constantly checking for updates. Thanks for keeping us informed back here! Take care and miss you all! xoxoxo - Ms. Kelly
Post a Comment