Well, our sweet Caden is finally beginning to show his "sin nature". I know, it is hard to believe that Caden would do anything he is not supposed to do...but it has begun. He started crawling almost 2 weeks ago. He has also developed a fascination with power cords. On Monday I was sitting over near a group of electronics in our room. Caden was on the other side of the room, but once he spotted the cords he made a b-line for them. So, I put the dirty clothes hamper in front of the cords to keep him away...we brought one of those foldable, mesh ones with us. Well, when he reached me he pulled the hamper over! Then, he proceeded to try and crawl over the hamper so that he could get the cords. All the while I was sitting there telling him no and explaining how the power cords could hurt him. I finally had to wedge the hamper between the bed and the dresser so that he could not pull it over.
Isn't this how we are? God tells us not to something, usually because it is not good for us, but we try so hard to ignore him, to keep on going down the path we want to go down, or to get what we WANT. At 10 months Caden is already showing us why we ALL need Jesus. We all desire things that are not good for us but by following Christ we can learn to desire things that are good for us... Caden was eventually distracted by an age appropriate toy. How long does it take you to desire what God wants for you?
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment